The purpose of this tea is to help you by shortening your labour, with no side effects to you or your baby. You are also less likely to receive an artificial rupture of your membrane, require a caesarean section, or have to undergo a forceps or vacuum birth. (ref.1)
Ingredients: red raspberry leaf, nettle, oatstraw.
Red raspberry leaves provide B vitamins, vitamin C and a number of minerals, including magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
The fragarine compound found in red raspberry leaves is known to help tone and tighten muscles in the pelvic area, including the walls of your uterus, which can help make delivery easier.
(There are no known contraindications for raspberry leaf tea when used in the third trimester. One to 3 cups a day is recommended, starting with one cup and then increasing the amount to 3.)
Nettle is very nutritious for you and contains vitamin A, various B vitamins (including B1, B2, B3, and B5), vitamin C, calcium, folic acid, iron, amino acids, magnesium, manganese, fatty acids, potassium and phosphorus. It also contains numerous phytonutrients and antioxidants.
Oatstraw contains magnesium, vitamin B and calcium, which together help to soothe and strengthen your nerves.
Do not drink this tea if any of the following applies to you.
- You are going to have a planned caesarian section for a medical reason, or you have had a caesarian section before.
- You have any complications or health problems in your pregnancy, including high blood pressure.
- You are expecting a baby who is breech.
- You have had a premature labour before.
- You have had any vaginal bleeding in the second half of your pregnancy.
- You have a personal or family history of breast or ovarian cancer, fibroids or endometriosis.
Free UK shipping if your purchase is £10.00 or more.